Education Admission Arrangements (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2002
Seend Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School has determined to set an admission number of 16 for the academic year 2017 – 2018. The DFES planned admission number being 17.
The governors feel that the lower admission number will allow for more reasonable class sizes, taking into account the legal restriction on infant class sizes.
Any person or organisations who wish to object to the governing body’s decision should contact:
Office of the Schools Adjudicator, Mowden Hall, Staindrop Road, Darlington DL3 9BG by June 30th
Any further information about admission number may be obtained from the governing body c/o Seend Church of England Primary School, School Road, Seend Melksham, SN126NJ
Applications for a place in reception for a child starting school in September 2017 can be made between September 1st 2016 and midnight on the 15th January 2017. Application forms are available from the school office and applications can also be made on-line through the Wiltshire Council Website. Click here for a direct link.
To arrange a visit to the school please call the main office on 01380 828334
Please click here for a copy of the Seend Admissions’ Policy 2017-2018
For a copy of the draft admission’s policy 2018-2019,that is currently out for consultation, please click here.
If you are making your application on faith grounds download a copy of the faith form which should be returned directly to the school.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, you have the right of appeal. Guidance on appeals can be found by clicking here.
The timetable for appeals is as follows:
Admissions’ Appeals Timetable
Seend Church of England Primary School
For on-time applications within the normal (annual) admissions round:
- Parents have 21 school days to return an appeal form to the school from the date of their refusal. Forms are available here.
- Admissions authorities must hear the appeal within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
For late applications within the normal (annual admissions round):
- Parents have 21 days to return an appeal form to the school from the date of their refusal. Forms are available here
- Admissions authorities must hear the appeal within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged
For in-year admissions
- Parents can appeal at any time. Forms are available here.
- Admissions authorities must hear the appeal within 30 school days of appeal being lodged