Seend Church of England Primary School is a Voluntary Aided School.
Voluntary aided schools are usually called religious schools or faith schools. In a voluntary aided school:-
- the land and buildings are normally owned by a charity, often a religious organisation such as a church, but the governing body is responsible for running the school
- the school is funded partly by the local education authority , partly by the governing body and partly by the charity
- the governing body employs the staff
- the local education authority provides support services
- the pupils have to follow the national curriculum
- the admissions policy is determined and administered by the governors in consultation with the local education authority and other relevant schools in the area.