To ensure all students look smart and best represent Our School, we have a number of rules when it comes to school uniforms. Children are expected to comply with the school uniform at all times.
The school uniform is:
- Black or grey trousers, skirt, or pinafore.
- White* or red* polo shirts, white shirts, or white blouses.
- Pillar-box red sweatshirts or cardigans with the school logo*.
- White, black, red, or grey socks or tights.
- Red checked dresses* for the summer (optional).
- Plain black, flat shoes (no open-toed sandals).
For information on sizing, please visit this link.
PE kits should be brought in a suitable named bag. Please label all clothing with your child’s name. The PE kit consists of:
- Plain black shorts* and plain white t-shirt*.
- Jogging bottoms, sweatshirt, and tracksuit for winter PE
- Daps (or trainers for the juniors).
The PE kit should be stored in a small drawstring bag* (named) and kept in school every day, as PE times can alter depending on the weather and the time of year.
We ask that all items of clothing — especially T-shirts, sweatshirts, and daps — are clearly marked.
Children are also encouraged to use a Seend book bag* to carry books, reading records, and notes to and from school.
We request that hair is its natural colour with no extremes of style. Long hair should be tied back, and tramlines are not accepted. Hair gel should also not be worn.
Health and safety is of utmost importance at Seend C of E Primary School. Therefore, the wearing of jewellery and watches is not encouraged, and during PE sessions will not be permitted. Please ensure these items are left at home as we cannot be held responsible for the safekeeping of such items. Newly pierced ears must be covered by plasters, provided by parents, to avoid being caught during physical activities. If earrings are deemed necessary, they should only be in the form of plain studs.
*All of these items can be purchased from Sportsbug Limited, our uniform suppliers, in Melksham.